Program Coordinator - Aquatics
$20.33 - 23.64 Hourly
Plan, organize, implement, coordinate, and evaluate aquatic and water safety programs. Responsible for managing the Sammons Indoor Pool, Lions Junction Water Park, Walker and Clark (seasonal pools); schedule and supervise employees and contract instructors in assigned, regularly scheduled, or special events duties. Follows all safety policies and other miscellaneous duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and maintain adequate inventory and upkeep of all operational equipment. Make periodic safety inspections.
• Organize lifeguard training classes, water safety classes, and swim lessons. Perform instructional functions as necessary.
• Supervise Assistant Aquatics Coordinator and part-time/seasonal staff to include training and scheduling.
• Provide quality customer service to all patrons both on the phone and in person.
• Develop marketing program for all facilities and programs.
• Ensure all City financial policies, procedures and controls are followed.
• Develop and implement special events and classes.
• Make purchases as necessary through p-cards and POs. Purchases may include replacement equipment, custodial supplies, concession items, marketing pieces, etc.
• Manage the budget within the assigned division. Make recommendations that impact both expenses and revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of directly related experience in programming, supervisory experience in Parks and Recreation or Leisure Services setting required.
- Valid Class C driver’s license required.